Youth on the Move
The Youth on the Move (YOTM) program was founded in 2003 to create safe environments for youth and their families to grow.
- Offers a variety of options for “out of school” time
- Supports families and parental development with daycare and marriage, family, and healthcare counseling
- Provides academic, vocational, and continuing education to increase youth and adult proficiency in technology and personal finance skills
- Develops economic, cultural, and political awareness by helping to instill financial responsibility, cultural identity and political awareness
- Intervenes early when youth come into contact with the juvenile system
- Provides recreational, social, and cultural enrichment activities for youth and their families
The Youth on the Move program leverages existing neighborhood facilities to maximize the reach of out-of-school and community development programs. Here are some of our facility partners:
The Youth On the Move Program has enjoyed much success with the help of a major benefactor and the United Way of Atlanta. In the summer of 2016, Youth on the Move joined the Emmaus House family. Visit emmaushouseatlanta.org to learn more about YOTM.